NOTIFICATION FOR TEMPORARY FACULTY RECRUITMENT Advertisement No.: NITT/R/TF-1/2022 dated: 02.01.2022
Opening date of portal for online filling 02.01.2022
Last date for submission of online applications 16.01.2022
Last date for the receipt of hardcopy of applications 19.01.2022
Online Applications are invited from Indian nationals for Temporary Faculty positions in various Departments of NIT, Tiruchirappalli.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS AND OTHER INFORMATION
1. Temporary faculty is expected to assist the Institute for the academic transformation in respect of Teaching UG/PG Courses, curriculum development, delivery and evaluation. They have to be academically strong in their respective areas and
communicating effectively to the students.
2. Essential Qualification:
Ph.D. in the relevant / equivalent discipline and shall have First Class in the preceding
➢ For Engineering: First class B.E./B.Tech. or any equivalent Degree and M.E./M.Tech. or any equivalent Degree in relevant discipline.
➢ Candidates having Ph.D. Degree directly after B.E./B.Tech. from reputed Institutions / Universities will also be considered, if other norms are fulfilled.
➢ For Humanities/ Sciences / Computer Applications: B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./BCA or any equivalent undergraduate Degree and/ or M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com./ MCA or any equivalent
P.G. Degree in relevant discipline.
➢ For Architecture: Bachelor degree in Architecture and M.Arch / M.Plan / equivalent degree as applicable
3. Preferable age limit: 35 years, Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/PwD as per the
4. Consolidated Remuneration: Rs 50,000/- per month.
5. Consolidated remuneration fixed at the time of joining will not be changed during the period of appointment.
6. No other allowances are admissible.
7. Nature of appointment: The appointment is purely temporary for one semester and extendable further depending on the performance as per Government/Institute Norms.
8. The shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview online.
9. The Date of interview will be intimated in the Institute website. On completion of filling / uploading of the online application form and submission, download a copy of the application form,sign it and enclose the Self-Attested photocopies of the certificates / testimonials / research papers etc., along with Annexures I & II and send to The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli — 620015, Tamil Nadu by Speed / Registered post so as to reach the Institute on or before 19.01.2022. The cover should be superscribed as, ‘APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF TEMPORARY FACULTY IN THE DEPARTMENT OF
10. Submission of hard copy is necessary for considering the applications. NIT, Tiruchirappalli will not be responsible for any delay or loss of application during transit.
11. Reservation Policy of Government of India will be applicable in the recruitment of this purely
12. If applicable, the candidates are required to enclose their Community Certificate in the prescribed format.
13. The selected candidates will be required to join immediately.
14. Canvassing in any form will render a candidate ineligible.
15. Specialization & Check List are given in Annexure — I & Annexure —II respectively.
16. Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process of temporary faculty in partial or full without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
17. This post does not confer any right on the applicant to claim either continuous employment or permanency in future.
18. Incomplete applications/ Applications not in the prescribed format will be rejected without intimation.
19. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
20. The Institute reserves the right to shortlist the number of candidates depending upon the number of applications received or the qualifications of the applicants. No separate intimation will be made to the candidates who are not shortlisted. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
21. The applicants are requested to view the website of the Institute daily for any updated information regarding the recruitment process. List of candidates shortlisted for interview will be uploaded in the Institute Website.
22. The number of vacancies indicated in the advertisements are tentative and subject to change. The
Institute reserves the right to change the number of positions based on the requirement.
23. Tentative vacancy in various Departments are as follows:
24. Candidates who have served as Temporary Faculty/ in Temporary Teaching positions at NIT- Trichy, for 5 semesters and above need not apply and their applications will not be considered.
25. Last date for the receipt of filled Application Form, enclosures and other details is 19.01.2022